Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Mini Album

One of our projects Patty had for us at our regional meetings in February was this mini album. We made it with the SAB Delicate Dots paper. I thought it might be fun to make for Mother's day with the Tea Party designer paper from Stampin'Up!
 I made this for a class to go with the Mother's Day card I posted a few days ago. ( See Mother's Day cards) I didn't stamp on the front of this yet but I intend to. I just couldn't decide what I want it to say. 
The front uses so saffron card stock and the co-ordinating colored paper from the tea party paper. The whole album is made from the TEA PARTY DP, certainly celery, so saffron, whisper white and pretty in pink card stock. The flowers are made with the Flower Layers die, from Stampin'Up! ( as are the flowers on the inside cover). The front and inside cover also use the Top Note die. The ribbon is the celery twill from SAB.
This shows the inside of the album, and the first page. The left spot could be for journaling or a photo. The buttons are made with the Sizzix Buttons #5 die. I mounted the certainly celery paper onto some thin chipboard and ran it through the Big Shot for some added dimension. 
This image is the album with the flap lifted up on the right side. It has room for 2 more photos here. The flowers are made with the 5 petal flower punch, small flower trio punch, and a marvy flower punch. I doodled on the petals to mimic the paper design.
This is the album with the flaps fully open. There is room to mount three photos and tuck some more into the pouch on the lower left side. The flowers are made from the 5 petal flower punch and buttons again from the buttons #5 die.

No comments:

Post a Comment