Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Color challenges!

I made this for the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. The colors were brilliant blue, rose red, and only orange. These were not colors I would normally reach for, but I guess that is why it is a challenge right? The brilliant blue seemed perfect for one of my favorite flowers, delphiniums! So the Petal Prints set comes out again! The main card is the blue, with the main image mounted onto rose red. The ribbon is the beautiful purely pomegranate from an older holiday collection. The button is from Basic Grey, all other supplies are Stampin'Up!

 This is the second card I made for the challenge. I had two ideas right away when I saw the colors so I did a card for both. I thought the colors were right for a kids' birthday card, so out came the Wild About You set. The happy birthday is from the Eat Cake set. The main card is rose red. The brilliant blue designer paper is from the Jersey Shore collection, from Stampin'Up! ( All supplies Stampin'Up!) The ribbon is the striped 1/2"orange grosgrain and the fun jumbo grommet is from the designer hardware in the Occasions mini.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment