Friday, May 1, 2009

Mother's day cards

Mother's Day cards!I made this card for my Mom for Mother' Day. Tiger lilies are her favorite flower, and I had thought of using this set to make her a birthday card, but I couldn't wait until then, so it will be for Mother's Day. I am finding this set ( Fifth Avenue Floral) really versatile, think of all the different types of lilies you can create! The main card is pumpkin pie, as are the lilies, mixed a bit with saffron, and tangerine tango. The mother's day sentiment is from All Holidays set, and is embossed in white on the kiwi kiss card stock. The whisper white layer is embossed with the small dots from the Stampin'Up! backgrounds texturz plates.


I have been wanting to make a card with my new flower die , Sissix flower layers w/ leaf. 
I cut two of the larger flower in whisper white card stock , and cut one of the smallest flower from barely banana card stock. The leaves are cut from certainly celery card stock. This card also uses the new Tea Party designer paper ( the stripes and the beautiful subtle pattern of the almost amethest pattern) cut from the Big Note Sizzix die,  and the saffron latte buttons. The main card is almost amethest. The Mother's Day sentiment is from the All Holidays set, and is embossed in white. This card may look somewhat complicated but the Big Shot really makes a card like this quick to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment