Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Elephants and Polka Dots!


I made this card for the color challenge today at Splitcoast, CC254. I also used the sketch challenge from a few weeks ago for my sketch layout, SC259. The colors today were bashful blue, soft suede and ruby red. I used close colors but not exactly. ( I went more with what scraps of paper I have on hand!)
I love this elephant paper pieced, and the bashful blue worked great for that. I combined the fun polka dot paper from the Sweet Slumber designer series paper, with the elephant image, and some blue ribbon, and blue scalloped trim. For the back panels I had pulled out some scraps of Bella Rose designer paper ( red patterned paper) and Candy Lane designer paper ( close to cocoa pattern) to frame my main image.

Items used: All Stampin'Up!
Stamps - Happy Heart Day
Paper - Bella Rose, Sweet Slumber, Candy Lane, and bashful blue designer paper, red riding hood, bashful blue, chocolate chip, whisper white card stock
Ink - chocolate chip, ruby red, bashful blue
Accessories - bashful blue grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment