Friday, June 26, 2009

Something new, something old.

I wanted to use some of the new Stampin'Up! colors with some of the old for these cards. The first one uses bermuda bay ( new ) with certainly celery, real red, and pumpkin pie. I used some scraps of designer paper for the real red and the certainly celery. I stamped the bermuda bay and the pumpkin pie with some of the little flowers from the Itty Bitty Buds set ( Soon to be retired Hostess set). The main image is from the More the Merrier set. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set ( new) and it is stamped onto a tag cut with the new modern punch.
I really liked the look of this paper all on its own, so I did a real simple card for it. The DP is from Raspberry Lemonade designer paper. The main card is made in barely banana, and the ribbon is so saffron 5/8" grosgrain. the sentiment is from the teeny tiny wishes. It is stamped in crushed curry ( new color) and then punched with the modern label punch. Lastly I rounded the corners with my corner rounder.
This card mixes the new colors, soft suede and dusty durango, with old olive. Love the combination! This card uses The More the Merrier set, as well as the little leaves from Give Thanks ( a retired set). I stamped the leaves on each of the colors. the main image is stamped onto very vanilla and then water colored in soft suede, dusty durango, and old olive. I added the ribbon, dusty durango dotted grosgrain ( without the dots showing ) to finish the card off.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: