Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday cards

I haven't had any time lately to play so I thought I would today! I will be needing quite a few birthday cards as all of our birthdays are in the coming weeks. This card was made for the sketch challenge last week at Splitcoast ( SC224), this is the first time I have had to post it!
This is for my daughter who loves pink and gerbera daisies, so I thought this was as close as I would get for that. The stamp is Inspired by Nature ( Stampin'Up!) and the sentiment is Happy Birthday by 'G' Studio. The card stock I used is whisper white, pink passion, a scrap of pink polka dot, and a scrap of Urban Oasis DP from Stampin'Up! The inks  are pink passion, chocolate chip, and old olive. 
I made this for today's sketch challenge ( SC225) at Splitcoast. I wanted to make some cards with the single promotion stamps. For this card I used the Birthday Wish stamp from Stampin'Up! I also wanted to use up some of my stash of things that haven't been used in a while, so I pulled out the polka dot and petals ( pink dots)DP and winter Bright (stripe) DP both from Stampin'Up! I have many prima flowers that I need to use, so those went on too. The colors of card stock used are: pretty in pink, rose red, whisper white. The ink I used was prettty in pink, tempting turquise, rose red, and old olive. I picked brads that worked in those colors as well.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment