Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25, 2009 - botanical blooms











The color challenge yesterday at Splitcoast Stampers was summer sun, kiwi kiss and pumpkin pie. I decided on a simple card with primarily the flowers ( from the Botanical Blooms set from the Sale-a-Bration mini)and the birthday sentiment ( My Sentiments Exactly)
I just loved 
the color challenges last week and this week at Splitcoast. Last week was rose red, kiwi kiss, and more mustard so I created this card for it(CC206).
I used the water spritz technique for the watercolor look, it is a little too splotchy for me though! The polka dots are on more mustard designer paper.

This card is both the color challenge from yesterday (CC207)and the sketch challenge today(SC217)! What a fun sketch.
The stamps are Botanical Blooms ( Sale-a-Bration)again, and french script for the background. I added the sentiment from the set in white embossing powder onto the pumpkin and punched it 
with 1 3/8" circle punch. Then the scallop punch for the urban oasis designer paper piece and the kiwi kiss corduoy buttons.








Staying with the watercoloring theme I am adding this card I made a few weeks ago. It uses the Fifth Avenue Floral 
stamp set. I watercolored the lilies in and cut one out to mount on top.
I also embossed the basic grey piece with the Stampin'Up! backgrounds texturz plate. The kiwi kiss piece is run through the scallop edge punch, pink tafetta ribbon to finish it off! The birthday sentiment is from the fashion district rub-ons.

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, I love all of these cards! I am truly inspired--and enlightened by your comments on how you created the cards. thank you! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is to die for! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete